Our experienced team is deliberately small to give us full control of the quality of the work produced.
Jim designs and makes things from wood
Jim Sharples grew up in rural Cumbria before moving to the West Country in 2000. He studied woodwork for three years at City of Bristol college and has gone on to produce some stunning work, including the 2.5 tonne lockgate benches on Bristol’s harbourside and cabinets for Jamie’s Italian. Furniture making is his passion, something that shines through every piece he creates.
Jo deals with finishings (and beginnings)
When you make an enquiry, Jim’s wife Jo is there to find out exactly what you want. She is also a skilled painter and provides finishing for many of our pieces.
Nick produces our designs
A highly skilled designer with many years’ experience, Nick Harding produces all our imaging, visualising the finished product and providing reassurance that the item will turn out as you expect.
- Know what you’re looking for, but just haven’t found it yet.
- Love being surrounded by beautiful, natural materials.
- Have an eye for quality and fine workmanship.
- Won’t settle for second best but appreciate good value.
If you’re not sure you’re in the right place yet, check out our projects page to see the kinds of things we could help you with.
- First, you send an initial email or phone us with your ideas and expectations and we’ll provide you with an estimate for the work.
- Next you’ll meet with Jim to talk through the project in more detail and do any necessary measuring, bringing your ideas to life and allowing us to provide a more accurate final quote.
- If you like, you can arrange to visit to our workshop near Bristol to see some of our work and make specific design decisions.
- If necessary, we will hand the brief on to Nick who can produce your visual designs.
- Finally, Jim will make and fit the item for you, not signing the job off until every last detail has been completed to perfection.